Islamic Development Bank (IDB) has embarked on a massive project to replace its existing banking systems with an all-encompassing SAP solution. It will take around three years for the multi million-dollar implementation of SAP’s Core Banking solution and Business Suite solutions, which will be run on an IBM platform.
Up until now IDB has run its operations using Oracle’s Financials software along with solutions from other vendors.
Once implemented SAP’s Core Banking solution will manage the funds, loans and projects distributed by the bank while SAP Business Suite will manage back office operations. (source http://www.arabianbusiness.com/485489?ln=en)
- in 2005 for region middle east, SAP added new clients to its existing portfolio including Oman Polypropylene, EMKE Group, Al Gurg, ETA Ascon, Islamic Development Bank, Mobica, JASCO, SAPHAD, SMSA FedEx amongst others.
- SAP Arabia said it won 20 new clients in the Middle East in 2005 including five customer win-backs: IDB, Magrabi and Talaat Mostafa which were using Oracle solutions; and Gulf News and Al Gurg which were using JD Edwards solutions.
In November 2005 SAP announced that it had signed another multi million deal with the Saudi food distribution company Abbar and Zainy, in which it would deploy its ERP solution across the company’s six branches in Saudi Arabia, replacing the existing 3i Infotech system (see IT Weekly 26 November - 2 December 2006).
- SAP won 20 new clients and tapped into five new industry sectors across the region.
- A recent major win for SAP is the Islamic Development Bank in Saudi Arabia, which has deployed SAP's core banking solution just for Syariah-compliance as delivery to financial services industry (FSI) sector
- SAP's Bank Analyser : a strong solution that provides capability to drill down to customer records, process information from various sources, and present the relevant info for decision-making. SAP can achieve this by unifying different platforms into one system, and pull SAP and non SAP technologies into an integrated platform through SAP's Enterprise Services Architecture / ESA
- New product can be a redefinition or recapitalisation of an existing object
- Composite-apps, business-processes for new products, can all be achieved more quickly, so improving on effective delivery speed to market. Another way is to look at entire banking suite solution where our customers can select to improve their efficiency and raise productivity
Sharia Compliance banking
Indonesia Saria bank: Bank Muamalat Islam, BSM Bank Syariah Mandiri, BNI Syariah, BII Syariah, Lippo Syariah
Internet banking, Gaza Palestine human right crisis, etc
Universitas Islam Indonesia UII,