- the ERP package is dubbed as "ERP appliance", announced at Cebit 2008, for SME market
- running on NEC system based on 45nm quad-core Xeon processor, Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise (instead of other Unix, Redhat, or Microsoft platforms), modular server strategy
- SAP's Business All in One, RDBMS : MaxDB database server
- fast-start program for SAP Business All-in-One : offers best practices for pre-configured industry functionality in a defined package that can be rapidly implemented without complex adaptations
- the ERP bundle has implementation cost saving: 45%
- TCO (total cost of ownership) saving: 25%
- tipical cost: 4,500 to 7,000 Euros, for the hardware, software and implementation, depending on which SAP components.
- delivery: available in five European country and reaching 20 countries this year of 2008
- using Configurator or Solution Builder: based on XML, reseller to build the system in few hours
- other similar effort: ERP on demand product named Business ByDesign
Saturday, March 8, 2008
cheaper SAP under LINUX for midsize business customers?
From http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206901687 and http://www.mbtmag.com/article/CA6538653.html?industryid=47314